Saturday, May 14, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

     Last summer, a friend and myself collaborated together to make an outdoor game for tailgaters that was different from the common games played today.  We spent long hours brainstorming, designing, and building a game that would appeal to most ages and that would be fun and engaging for a group of tailgaters.  This process was extremely difficult, but I did learn a lot along the way.  We failed repeatedly during the design process because instead of working out the kinks prior to building, we used a trial and error approach.  It became super expensive super fast.  Eventually, we decided to shelve our ideas simply because we didn't have the resources to continue working on the games.  Also, neither of us had enough knowledge about the type of people we should be reaching out to for help.  The time I spent working on creating the games was both stressful and completely educational. The hands on experience enabled me to learn more than I could've ever ask for.
     I enrolled in ENT3003 because I wanted to learn more about entrepreneurship and I wanted to understand more about what it means to be an entrepreneur.  After learning about what this class entails and how the class is structured,
I am confident that this class will teach me the basics of what I want to know.  The class will provide me with the experience necessary to keep trying and working toward being an entrepreneur.  I'm also hoping that the assignments for ENT3003 will help me build confidence even when I experience failure or rejection.  I'm truly excited for this class and I plan to make the most of it.
I am ready for whatever challenge comes my way!

2 comments:

  1. Michaela, first I really would love to know what game you guys created for the tailgates? I have been searching for different games original games everywhere! I have tried to create games I completely understand what you mean about it being stressful. You don't really realize how much thought process goes into creating a simple game, with all the different rules and regulations. I really enjoyed reading your story it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Gabriella, I'm curious to see what kind of tailgate game you were trying to make. I've played the standard tailgate games like cornhole and ring toss, but I'm always interested in learning about more games to play at gameday tailgates.

    Your reasons for taking ENT 3003 are very similar to mine in that we both are trying to learn more about what it means to be an entrepreneur. I, too, hope that the class will help me be able to better deal with the pressures of success and failure in the business world and what strategies can be used to become a better business leader in the future.

    ReplyDelete