This class is tricky, not because the material is difficult or because the assignment are hard, but because the assignments require time. I have struggled immensely in the first half of this course. I'm not the best person to answer each part of this assignment in terms of tenacity. I haven't necessarily developed any valuable behaviors for this course. I do however check the assignments about three times every week. These three days allow me to get as many of the points for each week as I can. I check in the beginning of the week and complete the assignments that are due in the middle of each week. I check back toward the end of the week at two separate moments to work through the remaining assignments. This behavior is useful in working through the assignments; however, I still don't manage to complete everything that's due in a week.
I've not only felt like giving up a couple times, but I have given up multiple times. My breaking point is usually late Saturday nights when I physically have no time to complete some of the more extensive assignments. I don't intentionally try to wait last minute for any of the assignments, but I'd be lying if I said that assignments were put on the back burner for other things in my life. The experiences that contribute the most to me giving up are
the interview assignments. I'm not afraid to interview people, but it requires a good amount of time to get the job done, which I've been lacking the last couple months. I'm not proud of giving up, but I do plan on doing things differently for the second half of this class.
Three tips I would like to give to a future ENT3003 student are as follows:
1. Make sure you dedicate several hours a week to the assignments.
2. Don't let failure bring you down. Some people suck, just keep working and keep your eye on the prize.
3. In terms of developing a 'tenacious mindset,' just remember to prioritize the assignments and don't wait till the last minute. Procrastination will ruin you.

I think it is good that you can give yourself an honest evaluation about your work the class so far, even though you are not having an easy time. I sometimes experience the same feelings and don't take the assignments as seriously as I should. I plan to focus more the second half of class and make up for slacking a little. The tips are helpful. Definitely have to come into it expecting to spend some time on the assignments.
ReplyDeleteHey! I agree that the interviews are very time consuming, not only in doing them, but finding people to do them as well. I tend to be very talkative so I think I usually knock out the other assignments fairly quickly due to how talkative I am. Good luck with the new tactic! And I like your picture you included!
ReplyDelete