Sunday, July 24, 2016

Celebrating Failure

     Failure is inevitable, but how you respond to failure is up to you.  I have failed repeatedly this semester and I've owned it.  Some of my behaviors have changed due to the failure I experienced this semester, and other behaviors will change as I approach new classes in the fall semester.  One thing that I am certain of, is that I'm am better off for experiencing my failures in this class.
     I think my biggest failure this semester has been the ongoing struggle for me to be in the right headspace for this class.  I know this seems broad, but it sums up the all the major failures that held me back.  What I mean by headspace is the mental state necessary for completing each exercise this class demanded of me.  I repeatedly pushed assignments off and picked and chose which ones I would complete each week.  This is not a beneficial way to approach this class.  For instance, I've managed to skip every interview assignment.  And I didn't skip them because I was scared to interview people or because the assignment seemed to challenging, but instead I skipped them because I couldn't get myself in the appropriate mood to go to a populated area and approach random people.  I just wasn't in the proper mood to complete these assignments.  What I've learned/changed from this failure is to work on my overall mental state all the time, so I don't get into a poor mood that prevents me from reaching my potential.  I also plan on working on assignments in advance for the fall semester so I can stay in control and on top of all my future assignments.
     I appreciate the failures I've experienced in this class, and I look forward to the future failures I will have as I keep living my life.  I am grateful for the numerous opportunities and experiences that ENT3003 has provided me with, and I wouldn't trade any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment