Saturday, July 2, 2016

My Customer's Avatar



My typical customer is any gender and can vary in age, but is most likely a young adult either in college or a recent graduate.  They must be hard working and either prefer to work at night or only have the option of getting work done at night.  Also, most of my customers are going to be broke and have to rely on inexpensive coffee and snacks to get them through the night.  My average customer will have come from a background that required them to work hard to get where they are today.  They are independent and most likely don't have children.  The older customers may have a family, but only have the night to get real work done without distractions.

As for my customers interests, they enjoy common college experiences like spending time with friends, attending parties, watching TV/movies, and listening to music.  They don't allow Netflix or other streaming sites to consume all their time.  Also, they're most likely involved with their communities whether it be working a part-time or full-time job or volunteering to build a strong resume.

I'm similar to my customers in the sense that I am a college student who shares similar interests and came from a background that required me to work hard to get to where I am.  However, I think my customers would be more focused on getting ahead, whereas I am not.  I don't think it's a coincidence at all that my expected customers are similar to me.  When trying to come up with a product or service to fit an unmet need, I thought of myself first.  I thought of things that would benefit myself that I thought others would benefit from too.


No comments:

Post a Comment